--------------enig606D15FC1844BD4984D1F7A4

Peter Bailey wrote:

> This is part of a script I use that simply ftps a bunch of files over t=
o=20
> a UNIX server at my company. It does work, but, I keep getting a warnin=
g=20
> message from RUBY about "rb:20:warning: already initialized constant=20
> BWDFile". The line 20 it's referring to is my line 5 below.
>=20
[snip]

In Ruby, identifiers starting with uppercase are constants. Constants,
different from variables, are not supposed to change. Thus the
warning, because you try to use a variable as a constant

Additionally, camelCase is usually reserved for class names (as a
convention), it's considered better style to use snake_case, in your
case you are better off using "bwd_file" as the variable name.

t.

--=20
Anton Bangratz - Key ID 363474D1 - http://tony.twincode.net/
fortune(6):