Ok, strange question maybe.
Anyway, Im new to Ruby and I decided to make a small Aop lib just to
learn all the nice things about ruby..

so in my lib I can define an aspect like this:

<code>
class MyAspect < Aspect
   apply_to_types SomeClass, String, FooBar

   pointcut("some_method","some_prop=","some_prop","length").with(
LoggingInterceptor.new )
end
</code>

Would this be considered valid in the Ruby world or is this just as
crazy as I think it look?

The reason I decided to try to make the aspect as a class even though it
isnt intended to be instanciated is that since it inherits my Aspect
base, I get access to my dsl'ish methods in the scope of the class.

I can then register this class in my Aop engine which extracts the info
out of the static structure.

So is it valid or just madness?

//Roger