At 16:40 22.06.2006, ara.t.howard / noaa.gov wrote:

>you are indeed discussing website design; mind taking it offline?  it's
>off-topic here.

Look at the subject of this thread:

ruby-lang.org re *** DESIGN ***

The fact that we're discussing design implies that people who want to
contribute should know a thing or two about design before they open
their mouths.

I've had it with people who think their natural abilities to be far better than
the knowledge and experience of people who have spent their entire lives in the
study of good design. That is, they think design is so superficial that they
let their own native words try to describe it.

According to http://www.designcouncil.org.uk, good design is to make things
better for people. So Ruby needs a new site that is actually better than its
predecessor. Good design is taking something complex, and turning it into
something easy. Unfortunately, the new site looks to be even more complex.
The fact that the new site is just shinier than the previous one does not
necessarily mean it's better.

All the best,
Kyrre + archinect.com