----- Original Message -----
From: Kero van Gelder <kero / d4050.upc-d.chello.nl>
To: ruby-talk ML <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 2:31 PM
Subject: [ruby-talk:19827] Re: Ruby GUI

> > I think XML would be a logical choice.
>
> pocketlinux on ipaq provides that for Java; I am sure there are other
> toolkits around doing the same. Sounds cool, maybe join one of them
> to save us the trouble of reinventing the xml structures.

That sounds interesting.

> > I do have a crazy idea for *extreme* flexibility
> > in window shapes... for example, allow the
> > tab-like title bar as in Plan 9 (?)... or allow
> > windows with rounded corners.
>
> You never saw enlightenment :)

Oh? Is that the name of a software package, or
are you calling me unenlightened? :)

Either way... enlighten me.

> > Is it reasonable to implement something like
> > an X server, but simpler? I'm thinking it would
> > be nice to start up a graphical app via a telnet
> > session and be able to use it...
>
> ncurses-windowing.
> But you could never do that on a simple terminal.

Hmm, I'll never use a simple terminal again. I'd just
like to be able to run a graphics server on my
machine that will listen to my app and draw on the
screen even though the app runs remotely...

Hal