On Jun 21, 2006, at 8:43 AM, Michal Suchanek wrote:

> And yes, I would gladly trade a single fancy border, even several
> fancy borders for a site that displays as much stuff as possible when
> fullscreen yet shrinks to fit into half of the screen when I want to
> put another window next to it.

We have made note of all your complaints.  We appreciate you sending
them in.

Just to be clear, the site design has been selected.  There seems to
be a good deal of support for the design.  It is clear to us that
some don't like it, but we're pretty confident that those people
represent a minority (judging from all the remarks we have seen).

There are many reasons for us to migrate to the new site.  Please
remember that it is backed by a CMS, so it will make our job, as
maintainers, much easier.  That's important.  It means we are better
equipped to handle these and future complaints because we can easily
redo to look of the entire site down the road.

We are currently pushing full steam towards a launch.  We're trying
to get the content generated for the last section now.  When that's
in place, we'll give the community a chance to crawl the site and
point out lingering problems.  From there, we will OK the launch.

Again, it's not that we don't care about what you have to say.  Of
course we want the Ruby community to like the Ruby home page.  We
believe a majority of users do prefer the new design and we look
forward to increasing those numbers with future *post launch* changes.

Thank you.

James Edward Gray II