On Jun 21, 2006, at 7:05 AM, Michal Suchanek wrote:
>> And I would be a bit put off by the navigation section. I do not like
>> marketing speak, and links section where two captions out of three
>> contain an exclamation mark is not something I like to read.
>> The explanations in link section titles and the Participate link
>> section only add clutter and no value (except for the explanation of
>> ruby core which is the only non-obvious link). And they do sound much
>> like marketing flyer which is annoying to read for me.
>
> I hate to reply to myself ..
> But I forgot that the links section also contains a link "Success
> stories". Yet another term I learned to dislike. I think something
> along the lines "What is ruby used for" would be as clear and much
> less repelling.

I'm all for this concept of everyone contributing feedback.  But
rather than pick apart the site verbally, why not offer up fixes to
their HTML or copy that would make it look better?

It's obvious that people worked hard on this design and it's a shame
to tear it apart like this without offering constructive advice.

Keep up the good work guys!
-Mat