On 6/17/06, Dominik Bathon <dbatml / gmx.de> wrote:

> Requirements
> ------------

> * RubyNode (http://rubynode.rubyforge.org/)

I was trying to install RubyNode and found that the following section
of your extconf.rb (in ext/ruby_node_ext) was causing problems:

        unless node_h == IO.read(File.join($hdrdir, "node.h"))
                warn File.join($hdrdir, "node.h")
                warn "is different from"
                warn File.join($rbsrcdir, "node.h")
                warn ""
                warn "Please set RUBY_SOURCE_DIR to the source path of
the current ruby!"
                exit 1
        end

According to the README if I'm running 1.8.4 (which I am) I don't need
to set RUBY_SOURCE_DIR.  I then downloaded the Ruby source for 1.8.4
and set the RUBY_SOURCE_DIR env variable to point to that and still
got the warning and exit.  So finally I just commented out the 'exit
1' and undefined RUBY_SOURCE_DIR and all was fine.

Phil