Matthew Smillie wrote:
> On Jun 19, 2006, at 15:11, Peter Bailey wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> My script is failing at the following move command, right after the
>> capturing of a bunch of files in a directory. My glob is a big one.
>> It's
>> checking against 49 different file prefixes. Is that a problem? All I
>> want it to do for now is copy any files that conform to one of those
>> prefixes.
>
> What's the nature of the failure?  Do you get any sort of error message?
>
> If you reduce the number of prefixes, does that solve the problem?
> For example, does this work:
> Dir.glob("{aacmc7, acm059}*.pdf")
>
> What about this?
> Dir.glob("aacmc7*.pdf")
>
> Sorry I can't answer specifically, but answering those questions
> ought to get you at least part of the way to what the real problem is.
>
> matthew smillie.

Yes, absolutely. I have no problems when I have far fewer glob choices.
But, I don???t think my problem here is the globbing itself. That???s what
I???ve discovered. My error message points to the move command. I???ve since
corrected and made this file useable by replacing my FileUtils move with
a simple system move command.

Thank you for your help.