Pe?a wrote:
> # you can not even dream about 'sudo apt-get install rails'. Also, there
>
> the ideal way imho, is to install rails using gem, plus you get the latest stable of rails, too..

Theoretically this sounds good, but i did not manage to install rails
yet this way (well, my sample s not too big either - 3 machines) - once
(back on breezy) there was some problem with the ruby-mysql binding
which i had to compile from source, and on dapper... i don't really
remember what was the problem but i know i had to install something
manually to get it up and running. (I am now talking about the
installation on a 'ruby-less' machine - if you already have your ruby
stuff up and running, maybe a gem install rails is enough)

Peter
---
http://www.rubyrailways.com