M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Matt Lawrence wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>>
>>> Well, if the vmgen-based Ruby virtual machine ever gets off the ground,
>>> perhaps you can get back some of that old Forth joy. :)
>> Quite a bit of Koichi's design reminded me of Forth virtual machines.
>> The computer industry has be stagnating with single stack CPUs thanks
>> to C.
> Ah, but the Forth folks are very religious about there being exactly two
> stacks (not counting a floating point stack, which makes three).

"Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the
number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou
then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being
the third number, be reached..."

(sorry)

--
Alex