On 6/19/06, I wrote:
> On 6/19/06, Sy Ali <sy1234 / gmail.com> wrote:
> > I try a manual installation of RubyGems (ruby setup.rb), and I get a
> > string of errors.
> >
> > The most interesting one seems to be:
> >
> > /opt/QtPalmtop/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:29:
> > in `require': libcrypto.so.0.9.6: cannot load shared object file: No
> > such file or directory -
> > /opt/QtPalmtop/lib/ruby/1.8/arm-linux/digest/md5.so (LoadError)
> >

> > What is my next step to track down the problem?
>
> Well, that looks like a shared library that's part of OpenSSL. On my
> Debian Etch system, it's part of the libssl0.9.8 and also the
> libssl0.9.7 packages.

Sorry -- I was talking about libcrypto.so.

So, you'll want to make sure you've got OpenSSL installed, and then
try installing RubyGems again. You may even have to rebuild Ruby after
installing OpenSSL (so it detects it during its configure phase) --
and *then* try installing RubyGems.

Note, I've got no experience with ARM. Are you using Debian?

---John