Hey there, sorry I'm a little new to ruby and need a tiny bit of help if
anyone can see to help thatd be great:

I better warn you now that this probably isnt going to be a short post!

 1. Say I have 5 files which just contains arrays, hashes or a mixture
of both and I want to let somebody choose one of them: for example

Code:
   puts "Please make a choice from the 5 files"
   choice = gets.chomp

 then I want ruby/irb to output the hashes/arrays contained in the
files, like the cat or less commands with bash, how do I go about this?!

 2. I have created a qtruby/kde ruby (I use kdevelop so chose a kde
application from the project wizard) project and created the main window
and given it a title/buttons etc but now I want to partition the main
window into 4 or 5 smaller boxes which will display information (as
opposed to taking data) upon clicking (I know how to caputre the mouse
so thats not a problem) so how would I go about partitioning the window
into these boxes? (the size and position commands I'm safe with I just
need to know how to create the subwindows)

 3. An easier one methinks, how do I get irb to put what the contents of
a folder are and whether they are folders or files? (again kind of like
ls in bash)

Cheers guys and gals