--------------enigF7A057743505F02E7D3A9095

jofes lerwick wrote:
> Good afternoon;

[snip: details]
> What is your opinion?
> Which strategy is better: RUBY or (PHP5+PEAR+SMARTY)?
> IS it possible (with a use of RUBY) clearly seperate user interface from
> data model & control logic?

This is an interesting question to raise on this mailing list. The
answers may be a little bit biased ;) Even if it sounds a little like
bait, it's good enough that I may fall for it:

My opinion is biased, of course: coming from PHP (I too was young
once, and needed the money badly), I only can say that using Ruby (I'd
even suggest using Ruby on Rails: http://www.rubyonrails.com/ ) is
clearly better than using PHP and the unimaginable bloat that is
smarty. Details are way too offtopic.

It's even near impossible _not_ to use MVC separation in RoR without
jumping through hoops in a way that's not pleasant. At all.

> thank you a lot for your replies.

De nada.

t.
--