jofes lerwick wrote:
> Good afternoon;
>
> Im considering to build a CMS for NGO organisation.
> This organisation takes care of managing football torunaments in several
> cities in my country.
> The CMS should have:
> _admin control panel for about 5 levels of authorization
> _tornament management panel for planning
> _football teem management panel
> _football player profile management panel
> _fotball match statistics
> _livescore transmission
> _news and post control panel
> _ and others connected with football tournaments
>
> There are two people responsible for this project. Coder and designer.
> There is a need two seperate user interface from data model & control
> logic.
>
> What is your opinion?
> Which strategy is better: RUBY or (PHP5+PEAR+SMARTY)?
> IS it possible (with a use of RUBY) clearly seperate user interface from
> data model & control logic?

I think you should take a look at Ruby on Rails[1]. It's a
view-model-controller web application framework written in Ruby. It's
infinitely easier (and dare I say, better) than any PHP solution.

You were thinking of a web application, right? I took it for granted
because you mentioned PHP, which is mainly used in webapps.

  [1]  http://www.rubyonrails.org

Cheers,
Daniel