From: Simen Edvardsen [mailto:toalett / gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 2:44 PM
> On 6/17/06, Victor 'Zverok' Shepelev <vshepelev / imho.com.ua> wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > A short question.
> >
> > XML has XSLT (which is XML itself)
> > JSON has less-known JSONT (http://goessner.net/articles/jsont/), which
> also
> > is JSON itself.
> >
> > What about YAMLT? Is it exists? Can it be useful? How can it look?
> >

> I don't think there's anything like that. Can't you just manipulate
> the data in-memory?

Of course, I can (as well, as manipulate XML DOM without XSLT).
But in-memory manipulations code can lack declarative look.
Honestly speaking, Ruby's data manipluations (all those sexy
iterators/enumerators, you know) IS declarative enough.

But, if it were YAML subset which can be interpreted as YAML transformations
declaration, it can be useful. Right?

> > More practically: is it worse trying to write YAMLT implementation in
> Ruby?
> >
> > V.
> - Simen

V.