> Does "fox" run everywhere you want Ruby to run? If the answer is "yes"
> then I would make it the de-facto toolkit and really work on ruby/fox
> integration. If the answer is "no" stick with tk...it is quick and
> ugly but runs just about everywhere.

FOX only works on Windows and Linux/Unix. It has not been ported (natively)
to Mac OS (*), and I don't anticipate a native port coming anytime soon. So,
for the same reasons that Tk clings on to life as the standard GUI for
Python, Tk needs to stay in the standard distribution. However, I don't know
that this precludes adding FOX to the Windows installer, where at least two
other GUI toolkits (Ruby/GTK and SWin/VRuby) are present.

The asterisk (*) is that people have gotten FOX to work on Mac OS X, running
under XFree86 (http://mrcla.com/XonX/). But that's not the preferred
solution, obviously.

--Lyle