On 6/16/06, Alex Nedelcu <bonefry / gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course it makes sense to know about the future of Ruby ;)
>
> Everybody wants to get excited long before the production release.
> And I am sorry to say this, but you guys should look at Microsoft, and
> the way they advertise with their CTP builds.
>
> And many people, including me, are waiting for Rake.
> Where should get the status of Rake ?
> Is YARV the promised Rake ?
>
> The development of Ruby should be a lot more open.

I'm sorry, but this is nonsense. Ruby is an open-source project with
open development. You can watch the 1.9 tree very easily; you can find
rcrchive.net just as easily. You can join ruby-core (where
non-Japanese development discussions happen). Ruby2 doesn't need
people advertising it -- the syntax is going to change. When that
happens, people will scream.

YARV *is* Rite (not Rake, which is completely separate from Ruby development).

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting really tired of
know-it-all newbies who really do think they know what Ruby needs when
they've barely written five lines in it.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca