Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Absolute paths in $""
>     on Fri, 16 Jun 2006 03:17:19 +0900, transfire / gmail.com writes:
>
> |Any chance Ruby 1.8.5 will have absolute paths in $" instead of
> |relative ones? I know that's planned for 2.0 but I sure could use it
> |now.
>
> I'm afraid it's too big change for 1.8 which is under stable mode.
> Any opinion?

The change both simplifies code related to it and makes Ruby more
robust for having it. While it is "big" in a sense, I'd be pretty
surprised if any other projects besides mine and RubyGems would be
"adversely" affected. That being the case, maybe it's worth moving up
in the time-line. 2.0 still seems to be a ways off.

In any case, I can work around it if neccessary.

Thanks,
T.