On 15-Jun-06, at 11:35 PM, Austin Ziegler wrote:

> On 6/15/06, Austin Ziegler <halostatue / gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6/15/06, Jeremy Tregunna <jtregunna / blurgle.ca> wrote:
>> > This behaviour only started a little while ago (couple months).
>> I've
>> > been subscribed to this list without altering my subscription for
>> > over 2 years.
>> Correct. I've been subscribed to ruby-talk through various addresses
>> and subscribed to ruby-talk just over two years ago when I first got
>> my gmail account. The only thing that I'd argue with is that this
>> happened six or eight months ago.
>
> Sorry. I misunderstood.
>
> Jeremy, have you changed your MUA by chance? If so, does your MUA copy
> sent messages -- especially replies -- to the originating folders? It
> could be that your MUA is now applying the same filters used in
> *receiving* messages to messages you send, too, which is essentially
> the same problem as what is being seen in Gmail.

No, I've been happily using OSX's Mail application for my mail for
the last 3 1/2 years. I use IMAP not POP3 for handling my messages so
I can (if I need too) check my mail from other locations, retrieve
old messages that I've saved, etc. I have rules set up so that
whenever a ruby-talk message comes in, it goes to the appropriate
folder and stays there until I delete it. None of my setup has
changed in the last .. 7 or so months (since I upgraded to 10.4) and
that "change" was just in the version of Mail (newer version, config
still the same).

I should note that the same rules I use for ruby-talk are also
applied to the various freebsd lists I'm on, the GNUstep lists I'm
on, and the Io language mailing list -- ruby-talk is the only one
that gives me duplicates (for *everybody's* messages, not just my own).

--
Jeremy Tregunna
jtregunna / blurgle.ca

"One serious obstacle to the adoption of good programming languages
is the notion that everything has to be sacrificed for speed. In
computer languages as in life, speed kills." -- Mike Vanier