On Jun 15, 2006, at 11:40 PM, Austin Ziegler wrote:

> Should we have __dup__ and __clone__ and __class__ and __object_id__?
>
> I am already using #__send__ in preference to #send when I need the
> functionality, but it would be nice to know that for those methods we
> literally cannot get along without ... we have access to without
> rebind hacks.

I can definitely see __class__ and __object_id__. #dup and #clone
though it seems to me that there would be plently of situations that
someone would want to override those, and you would want the
overridden versions. Failing that maybe add a #copy method that would
default to an alias of #dup but would be for the express purpose of
overriding for "deeper" copies. I guess it's a judgement call. (One I
thankfully don't have to make).