On 6/15/06, Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> |Thankfully all the important ones (except #dup
> |and #clone) start with either '__' or 'instance_' (eg. __send__). But
> |#funcall will add another exception. It would be nicer to see a
> |consistant pattern in the naming of these meta-methods.
> Good point.  We will have __funcall__ as well.  Thank you.

Should we have __dup__ and __clone__ and __class__ and __object_id__?

I am already using #__send__ in preference to #send when I need the
functionality, but it would be nice to know that for those methods we
literally cannot get along without ... we have access to without
rebind hacks.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca