Sean O'Halpin wrote:
> On 6/15/06, ara.t.howard / noaa.gov <ara.t.howard / noaa.gov> wrote:
> >
> > i am in the minority, but it bothers me.  don't get me wrong, i like the
> > interface - but the semantics seem odd.
> >
> Well, I agree with you on both counts - I like your semantics and
> Daniel's interface. I certainly think you're right to raise the
> scoping issues of this implementation in 1.8.
>
> Luckily, it seems we can have our cake and eat it with ruby 1.9! :)
>
> And if people use Daniel's implementation as a shim for 1.8, we now
> have a clear explanation of the differences between this and what will
> eventually be the official behaviour.

Right on. I and the Nitro project have been despretely needing a
standardized approach to this. I'll be providing a distribution of
Daniel's implementation in Facets until it makes its way into Ruby.

Thanks Matz, Daniel, Ara, Sean and everyone that participated in this
thread! Oh and Alder Green for starting it! (Did you get your answer?
;)

BTW Is this possibly the longest ruby-talk thread in history? Sheesh!
;)

> Gotta love this list.

Indeed.

T.