I let this poll run for a while, just to see if the early results were
anomalous.  They weren't.  The results stayed consistent (and
surprising) for the duration of the poll:

     I prefer writing Ruby GUIs using:

          fox        29.01 % (76)
          gtk        26.72 % (70)
          a pencil   19.08 % (50)
          tk         11.83 % (31)
          qt         12.60 % (33)
          hybris      0.76 % (2)

     Total votes: 262

Fox, the new kid on the block, consistently held a narrow lead over
GTK.  Surprisingly, Tk never really made a showing, despite being
bundled with Ruby on both Unix and in the Installshield Windows
distribution.

So, what started as a poll for fun has actually raised some real
questions. Should be switch to bundling FOX with the Installshield
distribution? Should we be trying to find a way to make it easier to
include Fox with Linux versions (that 30 minute compile still scares
me).

It would certainly be nice to be able to write GUI applications knowing
that the underlying toolkit was present on the vast majority of Ruby
installations.

Dave