On 6/15/06, Greg Donald <gdonald / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/15/06, Brendan Coffey <bmc / theorphanage.com> wrote:
> > If you don't like the default behavior of the list, change it.  But it's
> > a perfectly reasonable way for a mailing list to behave,
>
> If it makes people complain more than a couple of times then it's a
> bad default setting.  It doesn't matter that people can change it,
> multiple questions/complaints should have already made it evident a
> change was needed.  If the server admins disagree then they are only
> going to hear more questions and complaints ongoing.

"The customer is always right"?

As I mentioned, I have seen plenty of people complain about the
reverse setting as well. I've been on lists where reply-to munging has
been flipped off then on then off then on again because there were
vocal minorities on both sides of that holy war, while most in the
middle didn't care either way. You're never going to please everyone.
Unless it's broke, don't fix it. And you're not going to convince me
it's broke while:

1) Only a couple of people from one MUA are complaining, and
2) They have a perfectly valid means to "fix it" themselves available

Jacob Fugal