On 15-jun-2006, at 17:38, Francis Cianfrocca wrote:

> I've been shipping and supporting commercial applications in
> Ruby-without-Rails for three years now. There are tutorials out
> there for
> getting eruby and mod_ruby to work with Apache. Also, if you read the
> documentation for Ruby CGI modules and classes, that's a big head
> start.
> Performance can be a problem, but it's vastly better than Rails at
> any rate.
> And some newer approaches are starting to emerge as well.

I am actually eager to see something emerge that will be the next
twist to Rails (adopting it's developments
and findings but then with proper components, interresting sesson
persistence etc.)

I am sure it's possible to get some mileage out of Rails components
by themselves as well.
--
Julian 'Julik' Tarkhanov
please send all personal mail to