Eric Mahurin wrote:

> All you need is Object#become from evil.rb.  You could write a few
> wrappers to make this look prettier.
>
> I think if some AOP thing is added to ruby, it should be something
> very simple that could be extended to some elaborate AOP framework
> (rather than starting with an elaborate framework as trans suggested -
> that includes new keywords!).  Here are some of the simple things that
> could be used as a a basis for AOP:
>
> - pre and post method hooks (what matz is planning)
>
> - Object#become/Class#replace.  Can be implemented now in pure ruby (evil.rb)
>
> - something like Module#include except "super" (or something else) in
> the included methods refers to the previous method definition.

Try reading some back posts. This has been proposed countless times.
It's flawed.

You know, it's easy to spout YAGNI and AYRHTDI (All Your Really Have To
Do Is) and such. It's whole nother story when you actaully WORK on it.
Try spending two years studying AOP and how it could work in Ruby and
then get back to me. There's more to it than you understand.

T.