On 6/14/06, Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> Windows 32 path encoding is a nightmare.  Our Win32 maintainers often
> troubled by unexpected OS behavior.  I am sure we _can_ handle Russian
> path names, but we need help from Russian people to improve.

It's not that bad, Matz. I started as a Unix developer, but in the
last two years I have learned *quite* a bit about how Windows handles
this stuff and we can adapt what I did for work with no problem.

I just need M17N strings to support this. I should look at what I
can/should do to provide this as an extension, I just have no time. :(

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca