From: Paul Battley [mailto:pbattley / gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:10 PM
> On 14/06/06, Victor Shepelev <vshepelev / imho.com.ua> wrote:
> > > Just to chime in, aren't upcase, downcase, and capitalize a locale/
> > > localization issue rather than a Unicode-only issue per se? For
> > > example, different languages will have different rules for
> > > capitalization.
> >
> > Really? I know about two cases: European capitalization and no
> > capitalization.
>
> There is variety even within western European languages - Dutch, for
> example, differs from English (IJsselmeer).

I already realized. (I've said about Florian Gross, his surname last "ss"
normally printed in something like "B" I can't type and my Outlook can't
show :) AFAIK, it is normally printed as one letter in downcase and two
letters in uppercase. So, "single general" String#upcase, #downcase  are
totally impossible.

V.