> Here's my attempt:
> At the moment it only prints text to the screen.  I have an
> interesting idea about generating a wav file directly, but I'm going
> to have trouble getting that done before the summary deadline.  The
> script gets the exercise plan from a text file with a simple format.
> It doesn't do any error checking of arguments or file format.

Dude - that's extremely cool :) It's a hell of a lot more comprehensive
than my attempt. Good work :)

I really like the "encouragometer" member state, your use of
randomisation, and the way you break up the phase in to steps - it seems
a much less rigid solution than my own.

You have got it giving lots of propper phrases too, by just getting on
with the job and using lots of branching :) I got far too hung up with
trying to unify it all, and didn't really get anywhere at all! Perhaps
from the point you've got to now, it would be possible to factor out
some common ideas? Perhaps some kind of automatic pluralisation would be
useful in "summarize"? Perhaps it's not worth it though?!

I was thinking that catagorisation of a phase in to "long" or "short"
could also go in to the definition file? That would cope with weeks
where there are no longer or shorter runs, and would easily allow
tailoring to each week's requirements. It would be a phase description
to go along with the phase's activity.

Maybe I'll have to revisit mine again now :)

Cheers,
  Benjohn