On Jun 14, 2006, at 15:56 , Victor Shepelev wrote:

> As mentioned in this topic, it's String#length, upcase, downcase,
> capitalize.

Just to chime in, aren't upcase, downcase, and capitalize a locale/
localization issue rather than a Unicode-only issue per se? For
example, different languages will have different rules for
capitalization. Or am I wrong? Does Unicode in and of itself address
these issues?

Granted, proper support for upcase, downcase, and capitalize is
important, but I think it's a separate issue, part of m17n as a whole
rather than support for Unicode in particular.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net