Gregory Brown wrote:
> On 6/13/06, Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:
>
>> I don't see fastercsv being required when rubygems is involved.

I think the difference here is that Eric is probably running with a very
recent development version of RubyGems and Gregory is running the last
stable release.

I setup two gems, a and b, and had a depend upon b.  Both libraries
announce themselves while loading:

-- Using 0.8.11 -----------

$ gem -v
0.8.11
$ irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'a'
=> true
irb(main):002:0>

-- Using 0.8.99 -----------

$ gem -v
0.8.99
$ irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'a'
=> true
irb(main):002:0>

Version 0.9.0 should be out within the week, barring unexpected issues.
If you want the try the release candidate for 0.9.0 (which is version
0.8.99), do:

   gem update --system --source http://onestepback.org/betagems

If you do try it, please report any issues to me or to the Rubygems
developer mailing list (on RubyForge).

Thanks.

-- Jim Weirich