John Gabriele wrote:
> On 6/12/06, Matt Lawrence <matt / technoronin.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to set up a wiki on an AIX box at work for use by the sysadmin
>> team and I'm looking for suggestions.  Here's what I've tried so far:
>>
>> [snip]
>> So, what do y'all suggest?  Ruby based would be nice, I already have ruby
>> on the system.
>
> I think somewhere along the line, the Pragmatic Programmers once
> recommended UseModWiki, and it's become somewhat of a staple in the
> Ruby community. It's written in Perl, and is pretty simple to set up
> and use... though I still don't understand its notion of user and
> admin passwords.

At the time the prags choose UseMod, there was not a lot of choices for
a Ruby-based wiki.  Things have changed quite a bit since then.

Both RuWiki and Instiki are good choices for an easy to setup wiki.

The RubyGarden wiki has migrated away from UseMod, and is not running
Ruse.  Ruse is quite a bit younger that either of the above choices, but
has advanced spam control mechanisms if you are thinking about putting
it on the internet. (see http://wikis.onestepback.org/Ruse for more
information)

-- Jim Weirich