On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 gwtmp01 / mac.com wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2006, at 10:38 AM, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
>> I don't think I understand you.  Do you want to allow #include to
>> include classes?  Without making it MI?  Hmm.
>
> It isn't altogether obvious to me why a class passed to #include couldn't be
> interpreted as a module (since instances of Class are instances of Module
> via inheritance).

   module M
     def initialize
       'ha'

   module N
     def initialize
       'ha ha'

   class C
     include M
     include N
     def initialize
       'hmmm'

with classes, this is __always__ the situation.  obviously it can be dealt
with - but it's a little less straight forward than the 'normal' mixin effect.

not for or against here - but i do believe being able to mixin classes,
without some really slick handling of super/initialize, state, and class_init
on ruby's part would be confusing for most.  in otherwords, ruby would need to
become mi to do so.

regards.

-a
--
suffering increases your inner strength.  also, the wishing for suffering
makes the suffering disappear.