On 6/13/06, Kris Leech <kris / alternativefocusmedia.com> wrote:
> Will this work with a Rails app?

That price looks a little extreme for what I have in mind.. are there
any alternative obfuscators? Alternatively could a
percentage-of-returns license fee be negotiated (Eric)?

Are programs written in Ruby distributable under any license you like?
A friend of mine has proposed selling a program I wrote in Ruby but
the thought of doing so made me feel like I was leveraging vast (GPL)
resources avaliable to me for free - and profiting off of them by
adding comparatively very little. I have in the past simply sold my
development time, which seemed a fairer trade since copying my
programs is a trivial task.

Does anyone here actually sell Ruby programs themselves as products?

Les