Hi.

I have been reading all this hype about Rails, and as a webframe it is
quiet promising. And we are consindering basing more of our products on
Rails, but since some of our products are used as both web and
standalone it would be nice if they could share a lot.

I know people are using Ruby for lots of medium projects, but in my
google i havnt found anything that looks like a larger piece of
software. Can you build f.ex a Word clone in ruby or a browser like
Firefox?
Im guessing that you could build it in Ruby, hey you could proberly do
it in perl, but how about the performance, since ruby is an interpreted
language im worried about the performance, can anyone give me an idea of
how well Ruby performs with larger GUI applicantions?

Best Regards
Lasse Thomsen