On 6/12/06, Matt Lawrence <matt / technoronin.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a wiki on an AIX box at work for use by the sysadmin
> team and I'm looking for suggestions.  Here's what I've tried so far:
>
> [snip]
> So, what do y'all suggest?  Ruby based would be nice, I already have ruby
> on the system.

I think somewhere along the line, the Pragmatic Programmers once
recommended UseModWiki, and it's become somewhat of a staple in the
Ruby community. It's written in Perl, and is pretty simple to set up
and use... though I still don't understand its notion of user and
admin passwords.

If it's only going to be used on an intranet, you might go with
something very simple like UseMod. An even simpler looking wiki is
PikiPiki (http://sourcefrog.net/projects/piki/). It's written in
Python, and seems to be *very* basic. The fancier wiki named
"MoinMoin" originally sprung from the loins of PikiPiki. :)