Dave Vandervort wrote:

>Michael Pence wrote:

>> I had in mind a newbie-helping-newbie kind of list, not spreading our
>> gurus any thinner.

>The obvious pitfall of having the blind leading the blind might be
>mitigated if people take the attitude that they'll try to work through
>problems together.

>Maybe learning is best with a teacher, but students often benefit from
>study groups of their peers, too.

>I'll join the list if it comes into being.

>Dave

The sticking point for me, and if I am understanding properly, for several
others, is that we don't want to break off into two lists.  Perhaps though
we could add something to the subject of all the messages creating a
distinction between a self proclaimed newbie question and a more advanced
question.  Heck, then you could run a filter on it if you didn't want to see
it.  Perhaps there is even ML software that allows this to be done in a nice
manner... perhaps newbies could only see the newbie posts if they opted.

But perhaps we're trying to solve a problem that could be better addressed
in different ways.  Maybe we could advertise on the list that the first week
of every month is newbie question answering week where we all take extra
time to answer newbie questions of all shapes and sizes.

- Lou Brothers