------art_4852_18707326.1150136516388

I've read most of this thread and still am a little confused.  I'm no ruby
guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I use modules to house code that
can be utilized in various classes.  If I need class methods then I use
inheritance.  IMO, this is simple and clean.

So far, there doesn't seem to be a clean/simple way to have mixin support
for class methods.  Until that epiphany is reached, I would think it would
be better to leave things as is.

I will give a novice suggestion:

Maybe instead of trying to work in this feature to modules, why not
introduce "ClassModule"?  Or has this been said?  This way it is clear what
they use is and they can, in turn, have features specific to class method
inheritance (if any are needed).

Therefore you could mix and match ClassModules with regular Modules.  Seems
pretty flexible to me.  I have no idea how difficult this would be to
implement.

--
Andrew Stone

------art_4852_18707326.1150136516388--