Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> It may make sense from some aspect, but not from others.  Language
> ... In this case, it introduces
> full multiple inheritance, which I avoided for years.

I'm wondering why it's not possible to #include a class into a
module/class -- making the only difference between classes and modules
the ability to instantiate (#allocate). That way, you could do something
like this:

   class Module
     def included(mod)
       mod.extend(class << self; self; end)

i.e. extend the receiver with the methods and constants of the singleton
class. It sure would make this whole problem a lot easier to solve, and
avoid those pesky hacks we're all but fond of.

Cheers,
Daniel