Tanushree Bhoi wrote:
> Hi,
> For writting ruby which IDE is best and why?
> When i installed ruby-184-16 on my window machine,it comes with 2 IDE.
> Freeride and Scite.Which one i should use.

 RadRails (www.radrails.org) if you plain on doing any Rails
programming.
 RadRails is based on Eclipse, RDT and custom develpment.
 (doesn't have HTML code complete, code complete from classes are hit
and miss,
  doesn't really allow you to add other cool Eclipse plugins :(   )

 Eclipse with a Ruby on Rails setup (you have to set it up manually)
 http://www.napcs.com/howto/railsonwindows.html
 (Not bad)

 Eclipse with the Ruby plugin
(RDT)(http://rubyeclipse.sourceforge.net)if you want to just do Ruby
programming.
 (Not bad)

 JEdit is "ok", it has good code completion and intergrated help, but
the IDE is a bit difficult to setup, configure and use.
(Not good for Rails projects because the ProjectViewer will not pull in
your entire rails directory structure)

Arachno Ruby, not quiet ready for primetime and it also uses a hacked
Ruby interpreter. (not good...)

SapphireSteel is a new IDE plugin that is in the works
(http://www.sapphiresteel.com) for Visual Studio that has a lot of
promise.

I wouldn't suggest FreeRide if you are just starting out with Ruby.

I never used Mondrian, seemed like a lot of trouble just to get it to
work.

People please correct me if my accessments are incorrect.

Thanks