------art_13360_23534952.1149744515175

On 6/7/06, Andy Trump <andy14 / yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi folks.  I've been debating putting on the RC2 version of the Ruby
> Windows Installer or waiting for the final bits as it sounds like they
> are getting ready to finish it off.  Anyone know if I should wait a few
> more days, or just toss RC2 on.  I've heard RC2 has an issue of deleting
> PATH info (which I can work around if need be).  I have a project due
> next week and would like to use Ruby to manage some of my text files, I
> just don't want to end up with a broken Ruby :-)

 RC2 is stable. Final would have been next, but there have been enough
package upgrades since RC2 that there really needs to be an RC3, now. Plus,
I RubyGems 0.9.0 will be out real soon, and I want that to be in the final
release, so there may be a delay just for that.

Curt

------art_13360_23534952.1149744515175--