Jason Sallis <jsallis / gmail.com> writes:

> More food for thought.  I'm going to collect some more information
> around the desired usage and make a call on design.  thanks again to
> everyone for ideas!

Well, recall that Ara T. Howard's methodology will indeed ensure that no
more than one call every 30 seconds will get made to the web server, as
long as all of the calls are made within a single instance of the Ruby
interpreter.  Since you already said that this is the way your
application will run, then Mr. Howard's procedure already solves your
problem.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz / asfast.com