I've got a simple Ruby class that has one method which uses open-uri to
pass a request to a remote server and retrieve an xml document
containing some server statistics.  Nothing too exciting and it's
working fine.  The administrator has asked that we limit our calls to
once every 30 seconds to avoid hammering the server.  I'd like to bake
this forced delay right into my class so that if another application is
using it and tries to make 2 calls within 30 seconds, the second call is
delayed until the 30 second time period is up.  Any ideas on how I could
approach this?