On Jun 7, 2006, at 12:30 AM, rahul benegal wrote:
> cameron.matheson wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I need to make some simple web-pages at work for internal use
>> (changing svn password, modifying postfix email-aliases, etc).  I'd
>> like to use ruby for this.
>
> I too am unable to find any documentation or help for building wep
> apps
> (*outside* of rails). I am confused between mod_ruby, cgi, fcgi,
> ruby-web, ruby-fcgi etc. <b>Is there a simple tutorial?</b>
>
> I did get a simple cgi program to run off apache (unmodified), but
> when
> i added "require 'cgi' it threw a 500 internal error. I have installed
> rails, but first wish to do some *non-db* stuff outside of it. Just
> apache or lighttpd.

I've come up against the lack of tutorials for such a thing as well.
But recently I've made good progress getting mod_ruby and eRuby
working together to produce a lightweight web environment much like
PHP (where I came to Ruby from).   Althought I understand mod_ruby
has some speed issues.
However, get, post, and cookies are still a bit of a headache.  I'm
hoping to make some progress on that shortly.
-Mat