On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 09:11:34AM +0900, James Britt wrote:
> Mauricio Fernandez wrote:
> >On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 03:29:39AM +0900, James Britt wrote:
> >
> >>I've noticed that the weekly news does not seem to include links for
> >>most items.
[...]
> >You can find all the links at
> >    http://www.rubyweeklynews.org/20060604.html
> >
> >(the URL was at the top of the message)
> >
> >It seems the posting to ruby-talk is generated with something like
> > lynx -dump -nolist
>
> Ah so.  Thanks.
>
> That seems to the most useful version to peruse.

I use links' "Save Formatted Document" feature to generate the postings. I'd
rather not have [1], [2] etc. references throughout the plain-text newsletter,
since if you're wanting to go to URLs you'll be better of using the web version
anyway.

(The reason I include a plain-text version is so people can read the newsletter
without the inconvenience of leaving their email or usenet client.

I may add a note to the top of each posting that points out the link more
clearly. It's too easy to miss at the moment.)