On 6/6/06, Hunter Walker <walkerhunter / gmail.com> wrote:
> So I should create a shell script that runs the command?  Can you
> provide an example?  Sorry, I am new at this...if you couldn't alreay
> tell.  :)

The first trick is that you need to build the necessary $PATH and
other environment for your application. So I'd start with:

% env > runner.sh

I'd then add your script to the bottom:

% echo `which ruby` myscript.rb >> runner.sh

Then, edit runner.sh to get rid of environment variables you *know*
you don't need and pare down the ones that you do need to the minimum
level required to run myscript.rb with Ruby.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca