On Jun 5, 2006, at 8:42 PM, NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:

> I think I still have not been able to explain well what's the
> difference
> of our viewpoint I think.  You think a CSV object is an IO.  But I
> don't
> think so and I defined Writer and Reader in csv.rb.  It's not
> 'natural'
> from my viewpoint.  That's why I think 'foreach' and 'readlines'
> should
> not be added.

Yeah, to me CSV is just another data source I want to read from/write
to with slightly special handling of the lines.

The good news is that our users probably don't care what we think.
If we give them a quick and convenient way to read and write CSV, I
think they'll be happy.  ;)

Best of luck with your upgrades!

James Edward Gray II