On Jun 5, 2006, at 8:57 PM, Paul D. Kraus wrote:

> What is the perldoc command for ruby?

ri

Installing the docs isn't always automatic though.  If you build from
source, it's important to make install-all.

Also, many standard libraries are not documented.

> Another example I need to do some recursive file searches. So I do
> a google
> search ruby file find.

ri Find

Note the capital.  It is a standard library.

> Is it just my my ignorance or is there some cult of the hidden ruby
> modules.

It definitely takes some getting use to.  The Pickaxe (2nd Edition)
has an appendix that is very good for getting introductions to the
standard libraries.  It helps you know what's in there.

I certainly agree that things could be better though.

James Edward Gray II