--
lternative 0057B10F65257184_Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"

system "ant.bat" worked!! thanks a lot

Sanchit

Stefan Lang <langstefan / gmx.at>
06/05/2006 09:13 PM
Please respond to
ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org

ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org (ruby-talk ML)
cc

Subject
Re: Using Ant from Ruby

On Monday 05 June 2006 17:27, Sanchit.Misra / trilogy.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am writing a Ruby script to automate some process. Part of it
> involves running an ant script ( the java build tool from apache).
> But, I am finding it difficult to make it work.
>
> I tried system('ant') but it didn't work. It just returned a false.
> I have checked that ant is there in my system path.
> Another strange thing is that it works when I provide some input or
> output redirections. e.g. if I run system('ant > abc.txt'), the
> command runs.
>
> I also tried `ant` but that also didn't work and returned the
> following error.
> Errno::ENOEXEC: Exec format error - ant
>
> In this case also `ant < abc.txt` or `ant > abc.txt` works!!
>
> I am using Windows 2000 machine and have cygwin and 4nt installed.
> I am running these commands on irb promt on 4nt.
> Can anyone please help me in this regard.

I guess the "ant" command on Windows resolves to an ant.bat or ant.cmd
file. Others had similar problems with the "system" method.
Try to run:
    system "ant.bat"
or
    system "ant.cmd"