Alder Green wrote:
> On 6/1/06, Tyler Prete <psyonic / gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hopefully you'll get more helpful answers to this question from someone a
>> little more knowledgable, but a few examples of fantastic code (although
>> often complicated) are the ruby library, rails, and ruby quiz.
>

> Being a Rails programmer, I tried reading some of Rails' code and it
> looks like you have to commit to reading a large portion of it to gain
> any understanding. At least the core stuff that I sampled
> (ActiveRecord, ActionPack) looks very tightly knit together. A guide
> about approaching the Rails codebase might be very helpful, and
> beneficial considering the importance of codebase accessibility in an
> OSS project. Maybe I should raise this issue in the Rails ML.

Semi-rhetorical questions:  If you are not already well-versed in Ruby,
how do you know you are reading masterful code?

If you are reading masterful code, can one appreciate what makes it
masterful without a firm knowledge of Ruby?

Is the definition of "masterful" conditional?  If so, on what?

James

--
James Britt

"A principle or axiom is of no value without the rules for applying it."
   - Len Bullard